Collect and reuse holiday ribbon to create a lasting decoration or gift.
This is a great way to repurpose ribbons from past Christmases, making an elegant decoration for your holiday celebration. Coordinate colors with your Christmas theme or with your home’s interior design to create a festive and stylish seasonal design.
- A 14” straw or Styrofoam wreath form found at floral and craft stores
- Approximately 12 yards each of 4 different but coordinating ribbons of varying widths and textures
- A chenille stem to make the hanger, found at craft stores (looks like a pipe cleaner)
- About 50 to 75 fern pins, found at floral and craft stores (looks like a long staple or hairpin)
2. Twist the chenille stem around the wreath to form a hanger.
3. Next, create several bows of various ribbons, with the loops being about the same size. Leave the tie ends as single “tails” and cut the loose ends into a swallow tail. You may also create single loops and tails to fill in between bows.
4. Pin the bows, loops and tails onto the covered wreath form with the fern pins, pushing the pins through the center point of the bow or end of the loop and tail.
6. Be sure to hang your wreath indoors unless you have used weatherproof ribbons.
To buy these types of products visit: http://www.plaidparasol.com
By Cathy Barnhardt, Biltmore’s Floral-Displays Manager